- Requiem for a Tough Guy – The Daily Beast
An article about Bob Nylen’s posthumously-published memoir and meditations on the “nature of American male toughness”. Here’s a video with Bob before his death:
(Via www.thedailybeast.com )
- Arab Students Respond to Obama – The Lede Blog – NYTimes.com
Some interesting, nuanced reactions.
(Via thelede.blogs.nytimes.com )
- New Bars Going for the Speakeasy Look – NYTimes.com
Any place that has a raccoon for a doorman is all right by me.
(Via www.nytimes.com )
- Photography – Errol Morris Blog – NYTimes.com
Why do people believe in imaginary returns, frauds and fakes? Errol Morris in a Multipart Series About “Bamboozlement”
(Via morris.blogs.nytimes.com )
- This is what it sounds like when apes laugh
Doesn’t this sound like a great job?: “Primatologist and psychologist Marina Davila Ross of the U.K.’s University of Portsmouth led a team that tickled the necks, feet, palms, and armpits of infant and juvenile apes as well as human babies. The team recorded more than 800 of the resulting giggles and guffaws.”